To report a discarded syringe on public land, please contact us with the following information:
- where the syringe is located
- how many syringes
- your name and contact number so we can notify you after we have collected the syringes
Help us find the syringes by marking the spot with something. Do not handle or touch the syringe.
What happens next
- If you report a syringe during daylight hours, we will collect the syringe within 2 hours of your report.
- If you report a syringe after daylight hours, we will collect syringe by the next business day.
- We will notify you (if you requested) after we have collected the syringes.
Syringes on private property
We cannot collect syringes on private property. If you notice a syringe in private property, you should contact the Syringe Disposal Helpline on 1800 522 355.