Skip to main content


Application checklist

To submit an application to register a new accommodation business, you:

How to apply

To apply to register your new accommodation business, please complete the Registration of Prescribed Accommodation Application form.

Submit your application

Submit your application form and payment:

What happens next

  • An Environmental Health Officer will be allocated your application for assessment and will assess your plans against the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
  • If the plans are satisfactory we will send you a satisfactory assessment of plans letter to advise that the plans have been assessed and are compliant. If they are not satisfactory, we will advise the reason why and propose the required changes.
  • Once fit-out has been completed of your premises, contact should be made to the Environmental Health Team to organise a final inspection. Should this be satisfactory we will issue a certificate of registration under the Public health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
  • If you plan on operating a rooming house, you must apply for a licence from Consumer Affairs Victoria (if you haven't already done so).
  • We will conduct yearly inspections of your accommodation premises.

Have you found the information you were looking for?