To submit an application to register your hairdressing and/or temporary make-up business, you need to:
- provide only hairdressing and/or temporary make-up services. If your business provides additional services, such as tattooing, piercing or other skin penetration services, you need to complete and submit an application to register a new health and beauty business.
- have had your plans approved by Council
- have had your business premises inspected and approved by Council
- understand the relevant fees that apply to your registration
You must pay a one-time registration fee of $380 to register your hairdressing and/or temporary make-up business.
You do not need to pay a yearly renewal fee, as long as:
- you remain the proprietor of the business
- the business remains at the same address
How to apply
To apply to register your new hairdressing and/or temporary make-up business, please complete the Health Premises Ongoing Registration Application Form.
To pay via credit card, please also complete and submit a Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Submit your application
Submit your application form and payment:
What happens next
- We will assess your application and submitted plans. We will contact you if we need more information.
- To complete your registration, we will arrange a site inspection to make sure your premises meets the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act. If the site inspection is successful, we will issue your registration within 5 business days.
- Once the registration has been granted you will still need to meet the minimum standards of cleanliness and hygiene under the Public Health an Wellbeing Regulation 2009. We can provide educational material to assist you to meet these requirements.