Businesses that need a permit
If you own or operate one of the following businesses, you must register and apply for a domestic animal business permit:
- an animal shelter, Council pound or pet shop
- a for profit organisation that breeds cats or dogs
- a for profit organisation that rears, trains or boards cats or dogs
- a cat or dog breeding business.
Agriculture Victoria has more information about domestic animal businesses.
- New business registration: $750 (you will receive a 50% refund in the permit is not granted)
- Renewal: $360
We will inspect your premises if you are applying for a new permit. We may also conduct future inspections at our discretion.
Apply for a permit
If you wish to pay with a credit card, please complete a credit card authorisation form.
Submit your application form and payment:
Renew your permit
Permits are renewed annually and you will be sent a renewal notice prior to the renewal date.