Your rates notice will arrive in mid-August
You will receive your rates notice around mid August. You can find your payment options and timelines below.
If you didn't receive a rates notice
If you haven't received your rates notice, check:
- the address you have with us is up to date
- if you are a landlord, your rates notice may have been sent to your real estate agent
- which payment method you are using (such as yearly or quarterly payments, or BPAY View)
- if you have bought a new house, the rates may have been paid at settlement
You can also order a copy of your rates notice.
Pay in full
If you would like to pay your rates in full, you must pay on or before 17 February 2020.
Pay in 4 instalments
If you would like to pay your rates in 4 instalments, you must pay according to the following schedule:
- First instalment: on or before 30 September 2019
- Second instalment: on or before 2 December 2019
- Third instalment: on or before 2 March 2020
- Fourth instalment: on or before 1 June 2020
Pay in 9 instalments via direct debit
To pay in 9 instalments, you must enter a direct debit arrangement.
Submit your direct debit arrangement
You can submit your arrangement to us:
What happens next?
- If your arrangement is approved, we will send you a confirmation letter in the mail within 5-10 working days. This letter will contain your payment schedule and the bank details you nominated. Please check these details to make sure we have the correct details.
- You do not need to reapply each year to pay via direct debit. Once we have approved your direct debit arrangement, it will continue until you contact us and request a cancellation.
If you miss an instalment
If you miss your first instalment
If you miss your first instalment, you will need to pay your rates in full on or before 15 February 2018.
If you miss a later instalment
If you have paid your first instalment but miss a subsequent instalment, we will add the missing amount and any interest charges applied to the balance of your next instalment.
If you miss an instalment, make sure you repay it as soon as possible to avoid being charged more interest.