For now, rate payments for the City of Casey are still due. You can pay your rates online.
Council appreciates that many people face challenges in paying their rates and we will provide flexibility to affected customers where possible. If you are unable to make payments by the due dates, please contact Council as soon as possible. We'll help you make arrangements and discuss potential relief options.
Affected ratepayers can also submit payment plan arrangements online. Several options are also available for paying rates. These include BPAY and credit card by phone or via our website.
If you have elected to pay your rates in a lump sum (annually), payment is due on or before 15 February, 2022.
Your rates notice will arrive in mid-August
You will receive your rates notice around mid-August. You can find your payment options and timelines below.
If you didn't receive a rates notice
If you haven't received your rates notice, check:
- the address you have with us is up to date
- if you are a landlord, your rates notice may have been sent to your real estate agent
- which payment method you are using (such as yearly or quarterly payments, or BPAY View)
- if you have bought a new house, the rates may have been paid at settlement.
You can also order a copy of your rates notice.
Pay in full
If you would like to pay your rates in full, you must pay on or before 15 February 2022.
Pay in 4 instalments
If you would like to pay your rates in 4 instalments, you must pay according to the following schedule:
- First instalment: on or before 30 September 2021
- Second instalment: on or before 30 November 2021
- Third instalment: on or before 28 February 2022
- Fourth instalment: on or before 31 May 2022
Pay in 9 instalments via direct debit
To pay in 9 instalments, you must enter a direct debit arrangement.
Applications must be received on or before close of business, 17 September 2021.
Submit your direct debit arrangement
You can submit your arrangement to us:
What happens next?
- If your arrangement is approved, we will send you a confirmation letter in the mail within 5-10 working days. This letter will contain your payment schedule and the bank details you nominated. Please check these details to make sure we have the correct information.
- You do not need to reapply each year to pay via direct debit. Once we have approved your direct debit arrangement, it will continue until cancelled.
Changes to direct debit arrangement
You can nominate a different account using the Direct Debit Application form and ticking ‘alternation to existing authorisation’.
To cancel your direct debit arrangement, please contact us.
If you miss an instalment
If you miss your first instalment
If you miss your first instalment, you will need to pay your rates in full on or before 15 February 2022.
If you miss a later instalment
If you have paid your first instalment but miss a subsequent instalment, we will add the missing amount and any interest charges applied to the balance of your next instalment.
If you miss an instalment, make sure you repay it as soon as possible to avoid being charged more interest.