- To reinforce Council’s role as a responsible authority administering the Casey Planning Scheme and adopted planning policies and strategies.
- To provide Councillors with instruction on their important role in the planning application process.
- To reinforce consistent and transparent processes for parties to a planning application
- To ensure that decisions are not compromised by pre-mature or ill-informed advice provided to applicants or objectors which may not accord with the planning controls.
- To create greater certainty for Council in its role as a responsible authority.
See Council's latest advice on COVID-19.