The purpose of this Local Law is to:
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the municipal district;
- promote a physical and social environment free from hazards to health, in which the residents of the municipal district can enjoy a quality of life that meets the general expectations of the community;
- prevent and suppress nuisances which may adversely affect the enjoyment of life within the municipal district or the health, safety and welfare of persons within the municipal district;
and to achieve these objectives by:
- regulating and controlling activities of people within the municipal district which may be dangerous, unsafe or detrimental to the quality of life of other people in, or the environment of, the municipal district;
- providing standards and conditions for specified activities to protect the safety and the welfare of people within, and the environment of, the municipal district.