Please note that the Fees and Charges form part of the 2018 -19 Budget.
The City of Casey adopted it’s 2018-19 Budget, at a Special Council Meeting on Tuesday 26 June 2018. The budget and other corporate documents will be available on this page from Friday 29 June 2018.
This year’s Budget funds the necessary services and projects for the community of today and helps set Council up to deliver for our growing city in the future.
2018 -19 Budget snapshot
- $441.6m total budget
- $318.9m operating budget
- $122.7m million capital works program
- 2.25% average general rate increase in line with the rate cap and $24 increase in waste charge, which is among the lowest increases in the state in light of the global recycling crisis.
- Based on recent property valuations conducted by the Victorian Valuer General, this means the rates and waste charge for residential properties will increase by an average of $64 this year.
Capital Works Program highlights
- $13.35m to renew and build family and community facilities
- $27.78m to renew, upgrade and construct new recreational facilities
- $28.36m to improving Casey’s expansive road and path network
- $4m to building and improving our playgrounds and open spaces
- $4.4m to continue Council’s digital transformation to leverage technology, innovation and data to meet the demands of our future size.