The City of Casey’s 2019/20 Budget funds Council’s largest ever Capital Works Program (CWP). It supports the delivery of 66 important services to the community.
Residents were invited to view and have their say on the draft budget over a four-week community consultation period. Council then adopted the final budget at a Council meeting on Tuesday 18 June 2019. This included the revised Council Plan 2017-21, Fees & Charges 2019-2020 and the Annual Action Plan 2019/20.
Through responsible budgeting, Council has been able to continue its strong investment in the necessary projects and services for Casey’s large and growing community.
- $496.3 million total budget to deliver for a community of more than 350,000 people
- $344.8 million operating budget to support Council to provide 66 important services to the Casey community
- $151.5 million CWP which funds much-needed community infrastructure from roads to sports fields
- 2.5 per cent average general rate increase in line with the State Government rate cap and $21 increase in the standard waste charge. Based on the preliminary property valuations, the rates will increase by an average of $21.3. They are waiting certification by the Victorian Valuer General, 4.
- $50.1 million to renew, upgrade and construct new sport and recreational facilities
- $43 million towards child, youth and family services
- $38 million to improve Casey’s expansive road and path network
- $19 million towards aged care and disability support services. This includes Meals on Wheels, volunteer transport and respite care
- $20.9 million to renew and build new family and community facilities
- $23 million towards community facilities and participation
- $7.4 million to build and improve our playgrounds and open spaces
- $9.4 million to implement innovative technology to improve business performance and customer experience, and undertake renewable energy projects
The full list of projects funded in this year's Capital Works Program can be found on our interactive map.
To find out more about draft budget community consultation period and FAQs about the budget, visit the Casey Conversations website.
The 2018-19 Budget and Strategic Resource Plan 2017-2021 is also available online.