Where the amendment applies
This Planning Scheme Amendment has been prepared by the City of Casey.
The land affected by the amendment is located across 11 sites on the northern side of Pound and Shrives Roads in Hampton Park. The sites are currently known as:
- 175, 177, 1/179, 2/179, 181, 183 and 185 Pound Road;
- 104 and 106 Shrives Road; and,
- 3 and 4 Wethersdane Road.
These sites form part of the ‘Pound Road/Shrives Road, Hampton Park Residential Area’ under Schedule 18 to the Development Plan Overlay (DPO18).
Proposed changes to the Casey Planning Scheme
The amendment proposes to:
- Rezone 6.44 hectares of the land currently zoned Urban Floodway Zone (UFZ) to General Residential Zone – Schedule 1 (GRZ1).
- Amend the Land Subject to Inundation Overlay (LSIO) as it affects the land to reflect current data in relation to the probability of flooding in a 1-in-100-year ARI event. This increases the LSIO area on six sites and reduces the LSIO area on five sites. Overall, there would be a net reduction of 1 hectare affected by the LSIO as a result of the amendment.
View the amendment documentation here
The amendment is available for public inspection, during office hours at the following places:
- City of Casey Council
Municipal Offices, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive Narre Warren, VIC 3805
- City of Casey Council (Cranbourne)
Customer Service Centre, Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre (Opposite Post Office)
The amendment can also be inspected at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
The submission period for this amendment ended on 25 September 2018.
The Minister for Planning has approved Planning Scheme Amendment C232 to the Casey Planning Scheme.
The amendment came into operation when it was published in the Government Gazette on 6 December 2018.
The approved planning scheme amendment documents can be viewed on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website: Amendment C232