Where the amendment applies
The Amendment applies to land at 42-52, 54-60, part 62-70 and part 72-80 Manuka Road, Berwick.
Proposed changes to the Casey Planning Scheme
The Amendment seeks to rezone approximately 18.4 hectares of existing farming land for residential purposes. This will be achieved through the application of the General Residential Zone, Development Plan Overlay, Bushfire Management Overlay, Heritage Overlay and consequential amendments to the Casey Planning Scheme.
Planning Panel details
Planning panels provide independent assessment of planning proposals and are a means of providing public participation in the planning and environmental decision-making process. They provide independent assessment of planning scheme amendment proposals through the consideration of submissions, the conduct of hearings and the preparation of reports.
Planning panels are advisory and make recommendations, with the final decision making being left to the appropriate statutory bodies or the Minister for Planning.
Planning panels are appointed by the Minister for Planning either under the Planning and Environment Act 1987 or the Environment Effects Act 1978.
Further information about Planning Panels and the Panel process can be found on the state government's Planning Victoria website.
Directions Hearing date and time:
6 December 2017, 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
Day 1: Tuesday 13 March 2018, 9.00 am to 4.00 pm - City of Casey Civic Centre, Function Room B, Ground Floor, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren
Day 2: Wednesday 14 March 2018, 9:30 am to 4:45 pm - Function Room B, Ground Floor, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren
Panel Hearing timetable
City of Casey's Panel Submission
- City of Casey Part A submission (4mb)
- Attachments to Part A submission (11mb)
- City of Casey Part B submission (638kb)
- Attachment to City of Casey Part B Submission (3mb)
Expert Witness Statements
- Expert Witness Statement and Appendix A - Christine Dyson (Context Pty Ltd) - Heritage - Updated March 2018 (8mb)
- Appendix B to Christina Dyson evidence (4mb)
- Expert Witness Statement - John Patrick (John Patrick Landscape Architects Pty Ltd) - Landscape Heritage (2mb)
- Addendum to John Patrick Expert Witness Statement, March 2018 (9mb)
- Expert Witness Statement - Bruce Trethowan (Trethowan Architecture) - Building Heritage (3mb)
- Expert Witness Statement - Michael Rogers (John Patrick Landscape Architects Pty Ltd) - Aboriculture (4mb)
- Addendum to Michael Rogers Expert Witness Statement, March 2018 (281kb)
- Lay Witness Statement - John Chipperfield (362kb)
Planning Panel Report
The Planning Panel Report has now been submitted to Council, and is available below:
Planning Panel Reports can also be viewed on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website, and on the Australasian Legal Information Institute website.
The amendment is available for public inspection, during office hours at the following places:
- City of Casey Council
Municipal Offices, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive Narre Warren, VIC 3805
- City of Casey Council (Cranbourne)
Customer Service Centre, Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre (Opposite Post Office)
- Updated Citation HO50 Minard (112kb) (129kb)
- Updated Citation HO49 Clover Cottage and Gardens (129kb)
The submission period for this amendment ended on 10 July 2017.
If you wish to find out more about this Amendment, please contact Council’s Planning Scheme Implementation team on 9705 5200.