Proposed Changes to the Casey Planning Scheme
Amendment C228 implements the Minta Farm Precinct Structure Plan which facilitates the use and development of the PSP area as a residential and employment precinct, comprising approximately:
- 3,050 residential lots (to accommodate approximately 8,000 people), and
- 11,300 new jobs.
Specifically, this Amendment:
- Inserts schedule 14 to Clause 37.07 Urban Growth Zone (UGZ) into the Casey Planning Scheme and rezones part of the land from UGZ to UGZ schedule 14 (UGZ14). UGZ14 sets out the land use and development controls for the PSP area and requires land use and development within the PSP area to be generally in accordance with the Minta Farm PSP;
- Rezones northern portion of 280 Grices Road from Farming Zone Schedule 2 (FZ2) to UGZ14.
- Rezones part of the PSP area from UGZ (no schedule) to Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ) being land within Conservation Area 36 and generally located along the eastern boundary of the PSP area;
- Applies schedule 6 to the Environmental Significance Overlay (ESO6) to the land zoned as RCZ;
- Amends schedule 6 to the Environmental Significance Overlay (ESO6) to rename the Schedule to ‘Urban Conservation Area’ and remove the exemption to ‘Remove, destroy or lop any vegetation, including dead vegetation: Where the vegetation is non-native.’
- Inserts schedule 3 to the Incorporated Plan Overlay (IPO3) into the Casey Planning Scheme and applies it to the land zoned as RCZ;
- Applies Heritage Overlay Schedule 210 (HO210) to part of one land parcel;
- Increase extent of Schedule 1 of Public Acquisition Overlay (PAO1) to allow for the intersection of O’Shea Road and Soldiers Road;
- Applies Clause 45.12 Specific Controls Overlay (SCO2) to part of the land at 2-106 Soldiers Road, Berwick to give affected to the incorporated document ‘Minta Farm Site Specific Subdivision Incorporated Document, December 2018’
- Amends schedule to Clause 52.17 to identify native vegetation exempt from requiring a planning permit within the PSP area;
- Amends schedule to Clause 66.04 to include a referral provision to the Victorian Planning Authority; and
- Amends schedule to Clause 72.03 to update the relevant Planning Scheme maps;
- Amends schedule to Clause 72.04 to include two new incorporated documents titled “Minta Farm Precinct Structure Plan, September 2018” and ‘Minta Farm Site Specific Subdivision Incorporated Document, December 2018’
The Minister for Planning has approved Planning Scheme Amendment C228 to the Casey Planning Scheme.
The Amendment came into operation when it was published in the Government Gazette on 17 January 2019.
View the approved Minta Farm Precinct Structure Plan here
The approved planning scheme amendment documents can be viewed on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website