Where the amendment applies
This amendment has been prepared by the City of Casey.
The land affected by the amendment is the land known as Botanic Ridge Stage 4, being 860 Ballarto Road, 2/860 Ballarto Road, 950 Ballarto Road and 980 Ballarto Road, Botanic Ridge.
Proposed changes to the Casey Planning Scheme
This amendment proposes to rezone part of the land from Farming Zone Schedule 2 to General Residential Zone Schedule 1, apply a Bushfire Management Overlay and Public Open Space Contribution to part of the land and apply a Development Plan Overlay to all of the land.
Amendment documents can be viewed here Botanic Ridge Stage 4 Amendment C225
The amendment is available for public inspection, during office hours at the following places:
- City of Casey Council
Municipal Offices, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive Narre Warren, VIC 3805
- City of Casey Council (Cranbourne)
Customer Service Centre, Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre (Opposite Post Office)
Planning Panel details
Directions Hearing date and time:
12 September 2017 - 10.30 am - 12.30 pm
Panel Hearing date and time:
Day 1: 12 October 2017 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Day 2: 13 October 2017 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
Panel Hearing timetable:
City of Casey's Panel Submission
- City of Casey Part A submission (2mb)
- Attachment A – Exhibited Amendment Documents (9mb)
- Attachment B – Submissions Part 1 (9mb)
- Attachment B – Submissions Part 2 (5mb)
- Attachment C – Table Summary of Submissions and Council’s Response (2mb)
- Attachment D – Bushfire Hazard Assessment Report – Practical Ecology (7mb)
- Attachment E – Transport Impact Assessment Report - Onemilegrid (4mb)
- Attachment F – Revised version of the Development Plan Overlay – Schedule 23 (3mb)
- Attachment G – Proponent’s Concept Plan for 860 Ballarto Road [Not considered or endorsed by Council] (3mb)
- Attachment H – Endorsed Plan showing Materials Recycling Facility at 950 Ballarto Road (extract) (7mb)
- Attachment I – Draft Revised Map of Separation Distances for Development Plan Overlay – Schedule 23 (4mb)
Expert Witness Statements
- Expert Witness Statement – Andrew Stephens (Practical Ecology) – Bushfire (5mb)
- Expert Witness Statement – Ross Hill (One Mile Grid) – Traffic Impact Assessment (2mb)
- Expert Witness Statement – David Maltby – Buffer Report (346kb)
- Schedule 2.09 - Planning Permit PlnA00857-07.pdf (2mb)
- Schedule 2.10 - Set of Endorsed Plans forming part of Permit PlnA00857-07.pdf (22mb)
- Schedule 2.11 Amended EPA Works Approval Number 111031.pdf (560kb)
- Schedule 2.12 - Sustainability Victoria Publication - Guide to Best Practice at Resource Recovery Centres 2009.pdf (495kb)
- Schedule 2.13 - Extractive Industries Work Authority and Work Plan and Variation.pdf (6mb)
- Schedule 1 - Letter of Instruction from Merrylees Legal.pdf (145kb)
- Schedule 2.06 - EPA Publication 788.3 - BPEM Siting, Design, Operation and Rehabilitation of Landfills.pdf (1mb)
- Schedule 2.07 - EPA Publication 1323.3 Landfill Licencing Guidelines.pdf (741kb)
- Schedule 2.08 - EPA Publication 1518 - Recommended Separation Distances.pdf (4mb)
The Panel Report The Panel Report was made available on 1 February 2018.
Panel Reports can also be viewed on the Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII) website.
The submission period for this amendment ended on 19 December 2016.
If you would like to find out more about this Amendment, please contact Council's Planning Scheme Implementation team on 9705 5200.