Where the Amendment Applies
Amendment C221 applies to the land included in the Cardinia Creek Precinct Structure Plan which is generally defined by Cardinia Creek in the north and Ballarto Road in the south.
Proposed Changes to Casey Planning Scheme
This Amendment makes changes to the planning scheme to facilitate the development and use of land within the Cardinia Creek South PSP area.
Specifically, the amendment:
- Incorporates ‘Cardinia Creek South Precinct Structure Plan, March 2018’ into the Casey Planning Scheme and lists the document in the Schedule to Clause 72.04.
- Inserts the Urban Growth Zone Schedule 12 (UGZ12) and rezones the majority of land within the precinct to UGZ12.
- Rezones land adjacent to the Cardinia and Clyde creeks from Urban Floodway Zone (UFZ) and UGZ to Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ).
- Inserts the Special Use Zone Schedule 7 (SUZ7) and rezones the existing power line easement from Farming Zone 2 (FZ2) to SUZ7.
- Amends the Environmental Significance Overlay Schedule 6 (ESO6) and applies the ESO6 to match the extent of the RCZ.
- Inserts the Incorporated Plan Overlay Schedule 2 (IPO2) and applies the IPO2 to land zoned RCZ to give effect to the Cardinia Creek South Precinct Structure Plan, March 2018.
- Amends the Schedule to the Heritage Overlay, applies HO209 (HO209) to specific buildings and structures and modifies the description and shape of Heritage Overlay 130 (HO130), so that it only applies to significant Kurrajong Trees
- Applies the Public Acquisition Overlay Schedule 3 (PAO3) to land required for a road at 20 Smiths Lane, Clyde North.
- Amends the schedule to Clause 52.17 to identify native vegetation exempt from requiring a planning permit for removal.
- Updates the schedule to Clause 72.03 to reflect mapping changes.
The Minister for Planning has approved Planning Scheme Amendment C221 Part 1 to the Casey Planning Scheme.
The amendment came into operation when it was published in the Government Gazette on 17 January 2019.
View the approved Cardinia Creek South Precinct Structure Plan here
The approved planning scheme amendment documents can be viewed on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website