Where the amendment applies
This amendment has been prepared by the Victoria Planning Authority, in consultation with the City of Casey. This is a re-exhibition of Amendment C207 which was originally exhibited in December 2015. Please note the new versions of documents on exhibition that are open for public comment.
The amendment applies to all of the land between the Gippsland rail line and the Princes Freeway in Berwick, and some of the land along and adjoining Clyde Road north of the Gippsland rail line in Berwick. The map below shows the extent of the amendment area.
Proposed changes to the Casey Planning Scheme
- Rezones the Monash University, Berwick TAFE, the Generation Healthcare development on Kangan Drive, Nossal High School, Berwick industrial area, 2-10 Reserve Street, Berwick and land on the north side of Kangan Drive between Clyde Road from variously PUZ2, IN2Z, MUZ, C1Z to CDZ2 (Comprehensive Development Zone 2);
- Inserts a new incorporated document titled 'Berwick Health and Education Comprehensive Development Plan, April 2017' and a new Schedule 2 to the Comprehensive Development Zone;
- Rezones all land on Margaret & Evans Street and some land on Mansfield & Jane Streets, Berwick from GRZ1 (General Residential Zone) to RGZ2 (Residential Growth Zone); and
- Introduces Schedule 2 to the Residential Growth Zone including specific height and setback limits to allow for residential apartments and reflect the garden character of the area.
The amendment is available for public inspection, free of charge, during office hours at the following places:
- City of Casey Council
Municipal Offices, Bunjil Place, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive Narre Warren, VIC 3805
- City of Casey Council (Cranbourne)
Customer Service Centre, Cranbourne Park Shopping Centre (Opposite Post Office)
This amendment documentation can also be inspected online at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
The submission period for this amendment ended on 29 May 2017.
If you would like to find out more about this amendment, please contact Council's Planning Scheme Implementation Team on 9705 5200.
Further details about the amendment can also be obtained from the Victoria Planning Authority website or telephone 9651 9600.