Place a skip bin or clothing bin on Council land | City of Casey
Skip to main content

Place a skip bin or clothing bin on Council land

You may need to apply for a public land use permit, if you want to place a clothing bin or skip bin on your nature strip or Council land.

Your contractor may have a yearly permit

Some contractors can apply for a permit that lets them place skip bins on Council land throughout the year. If you use a contractor with a yearly permit, you do not need to apply for an additional permit.

Please contact us to find out if your contractor has a yearly permit.

Apply for a yearly contractor permit

If you are a contractor that provides skip bins regularly, you may be able to apply for a yearly permit. A yearly permit costs $730.

Please contact us for more information and to apply.

You must have public liability insurance

You must hold public liability insurance with a minimum of $10 million to receive a permit. The permit must be held in the name of the applicant and contain the following clause:

The Permit Holder agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified, the City of Casey (the Council), its servants and agents, and each of them from and against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses, penalties, demands and damages whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them, or any of them, in connection with the Permit Holder's performance or purported performance of its obligations under this Permit and be directly related to the negligent acts, errors or omission of the Permit Holder. The Permit Holder's liability to indemnify the Council shall be reduced proportionally to the extent that an act of omission of the Council, its servants or agents, contributed to the loss or liability.

You must provide a site plan

You must provide a site plan that illustrates where you will place your bin in relation to the nature strip and road. The application form has a template which you must complete and submit.

Application fee

There is a $120 non-refundable application fee for each application.

Apply for a permit

To apply for a permit, please complete the relevant sections of the Public Land Use Permit Application form.

If you wish to pay by credit card, please also complete a Credit Card Authorisation form.

You can submit your completed application:

What happens next

  • If successful, we will send your permit via email within 7 business days.