We’ve cooked up another plan to ensure the annual Casey Food & Wine Festival can return in 2020.
While this years in person event at the Old Cheese Factory won't go ahead, we’re excited to present a series of online workshops from 13 – 18 October 2020.
Take your taste buds on a journey from the comfort of your own couch or try your hand at a new craft, with eight different online classes coming to your screen!
Grab a few friends and join in together or keep the kids busy for an hour one evening after work.
Each of the workshops are listed and hyperlinked below.
- DIY Beeswax Wraps – Monday 12 October from 9.00 am – 11.30 am: They’re the new craze and we can see why! Help the planet and make your kitchen plastic free with these awesome DIY beeswax wraps. In this class you will learn how to make your own reusable food wraps, which are not only eco-friendly but practical as well.
- Vegan Masterclass – Tuesday 13 October from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm: A two hour actioned packed but relaxed and friendly online cooking session. Recipes and ingredient list will be provided upon registration.
- Alcohol Ink Painting – Wednesday 14 October 2.00 pm – 3.00 pm: Share in the magic of handblown alcohol ink painting where you will be shown step-by-step how to create wine glasses adorned with fluid and creative art.
- Dumpling Making – Thursday 15 October 10.00 am – 12.00 pm: Become a dumpling expert and learn how to make a delicious new meal for your family. This class will teach you how to make the dough, as well as the filling, plus how to fold, cool and pleat the dumplings.
- Clay hand building – Friday 16 October 1.00 pm – 2.30 pm: In this live online class, your teacher will demonstrate how to make plates, bowls, platters and other amazing textures, before teaching you how to build your own. To find out what’s provided and how to access the materials, visit our website.
- Handmade Pasta for Kids – Saturday 17 October 4.00 pm – 5.30 pm: Looking for an exciting activity to keep the kids entertained? Look no further!
- Drink and Draw – Sunday 18 October 3.00 pm – 4.00 pm: During this online drawing class, you'll be encouraged to complete fun and creative exercises that will have you thinking, drawing, sketching and scribbling, all whilst you sip on a drink or two, from the comfort of your own home.
- Handmade Pasta – Sunday 18 October 4.00 pm – 5.30 pm: Perfect for beginners! A step-by-step class to learn how to make interesting shapes of pasta, using a classic egg dough. We will roll and create long pasta and stuff Ravioli.