When summer hits, noise generated by home pools, spas and air-conditioners can lead to cranky neighbours.
Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your home without upsetting the locals:
- Get to know your neighbours. Talk to them about your use of pumps and air-conditioners so they know you have considered how these noises might affect them.
- Try not to run your pool, spa or air-conditioner too early in the morning or late at night.
- Set up timers for your pool or spa pumps to ensure they only run as required; this will also save on power costs.
- Have your pumps and air-conditioning units regularly serviced.
- If you are installing or replacing a pool, spa or air-conditioner, think carefully about where you place the motor unit or pump.
If you have a noise complaint about a neighbour, you should take appropriate steps to resolve the matter before contacting Council. For further advice and information about these issues, visit the noise restrictions page.