The CFA has declared that the City of Casey’s 2019-20 Fire Danger Period will end on 16 March 2020.
Residents who wish to conduct a burn on their property can apply for a permit from the City of Casey’s website. Once approved, residents can burn on their property from 30 March 2020.
Following the 2019-20 summer, many residents have already submitted an application for a permit and Council is working to assess and process these requests as quickly as possible. During this process, Council asks residents to be patient as they work through the backlog of requests.
Once you have received a permit, please remember to:
- check and follow local regulations or laws set down by CFA or the City of Casey
- notify neighbours at least two hours before starting the burn
- notify the Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA) on 1800 668 511
- check the weather forecast for the day of the burn and a few days afterwards
- check the fuel moisture conditions
- establish a fire break of no less than three metres cleared of all flammable material
- make sure there are enough people to monitor, contain and extinguish the burn safely and effectively
For more information about burning off, please visit the CFA’s website.