- Name: Minor Capital Works at Community Facilities Program
- Status: Opens 14 February 2022 and closes 25 March 2022
- Frequency: Annually (once per year)
- Amount we provide: $50,000 per project (maximum of 3 projects) or $75,000 in total
- Amount you must provide: 15% for projects up to $30,000 or 20% for projects over $30,000
|14 February 2022||Applications open|
|25 March 2022||Applications close|
|Early July 2022||Successful applicants are notified.|
Purpose of this grant
To ensure the enhancement and ongoing development of high quality, accessible facilities for clubs, community groups, Council and the broader community. Please see the attached process document for more information.
You can apply for funds to improve a community facility. The works are managed by the City of Casey at community facilities in liaison with the relevant group/s.
Your project is eligible for funding if you:
- are a club or user group that operates at Council owned, managed or leased facilities
- provide a firm quote for intended work and in some cases, architectural drawings
- include all permits, approvals and insurance in the total cost of the project and in your application
- are prepared to enter into a funding agreement with Council
- only use the funds for the purpose specified in your application (unless otherwise approved by Council)
- contribute the required amounts specified in the 'important information' section above
- consult with Council about your plans before you plan to start the project, the project must be signed off by Council before any works commence
All users of the facility must agree to the works and payment of the contribution must be confirmed in the application.
What we can fund
You can use this list as a guide for some of the projects we have funded in the past:
- Air conditioning
- Asphalt driveways and paths
- Automatic opening doors
- BBQs and pergola roofing
- Coaches boxes
- Concrete paths, viewing areas, ramps and floors
- Cricket pitches and practice areas
- Cricket nets, and pitch resurfacing
- Drainage improvements (such as spoon drains)
- Ground and tennis court fencing
- Landscaping, bollards, goal posts and picnic tables
- Playgrounds and rubber rock resurfacing under playgrounds
- Replace carpets
- Security systems, light switches, surge protectors
- Shade sails
- Small building modifications
- Tennis and netball court resurfacing and lighting
- Upgrade or replace existing scoreboards (non-electronic and electronic). Refer to Council’s adopted Electronic Scoreboards at Active Recreation Reserves Policy 2016.
What we cannot fund
We cannot accept applications for:
- Works proposed in facilities not owned, managed or leased by Council.
- Projects that have already started before receiving approval from this program.
- Facility or building maintenance works.
- Licensed social rooms or areas not allocated by Council.
- The purchase of land.
- Minor maintenance, operating costs or the purchase of equipment. For minor equipment items (up to $1,000) see our Equipment and Training Grants.
How to apply
- The City of Casey uses an online grants and funding management system. The online application forms are administered using SmartyGrants grant management software.
- Supporting documents and attachments should be in electronic format (paper forms can be scanned and saved) and submitted as part of the online application process.
- To complete the online application you will need an email address.
How we decide on successful grants
We will be looking at how well your application meets the following criteria.
- The works result in increased participation and community use.
- The works result in the inclusion of a group previously not catered for at this facility (such as people with disabilities, women, or children).
- The works address a particular health and/or safety issue.
- The works result in increased or decreased maintenance costs to Council.
- The works benefit a facility used by multiple community members.
- How the works impact residential amenities or access (such as training lights or fencing).
- How frequently the facility is used.
- The current standard of the facility.
- A detailed proposal including budgets and quotations has been supplied.
- Whether the club or group has outstanding debts to Council. Projects will not be funded where an outstanding debt to Council exists (not including arrangements that are in place to pay off outstanding debt).
- If the project is Environmentally Sustainable.
How the grants work
- We will notify you by email.
- In the email, we will include any other relevant information on the program and if you are successful for funding you will also receive a funding agreement which must be signed and returned prior to any works beginning.
- You will need to review Council’s Minor Capital Works at Community Facilities process.
- If you have any outstanding payments to Council, you will need to clear these before the project can commence.
- A Council Officer will contact you to schedule your works. Works are scheduled right up until the end of the financial year.
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you can provide feedback to the Capital Works Program team via email: [email protected]