- Name: Heritage Grants
- Next round opens:
- Frequency: Annually (once per year)
- Amount we provide: up to $5,000 (after the works are complete)
- Amount you must provide: an equal amount to the grant your receive
|Coming soon||Applications open.|
|Coming soon||Information sessions|
|Coming soon||Applications close. You will not be able to submit your application after 5.00 pm. You will receive an automated acknowledgement email is sent to the applicant as soon as the application is submitted.|
|Coming soon||Applications are processed to determine eligibility. Community panel meetings take place to assess applications.|
|Coming soon||Council Meeting for formal consideration of Panel’s recommendations.|
|Coming soon||Applicants are notified of the outcome of their application.|
Purpose of this grant
The City of Casey recognises the value of our heritage. We provide funding for urgent conservation work to support the management of:
- heritage assets
- places and sites of significance in the City of Casey
We also support the development of Conservation Management Plans or Heritage Action Plans for all heritage places.
To be eligible for funding, works must:
- not yet have been completed
- either not require a planning permit or you must have already obtained a relevant permit
- comply with the Australia ICOMOS Burra Charter
Who can apply for this grant
You can apply for this grant if you own, occupy or manage a place listed on the Schedule to the Heritage Overlay of the City of Casey.
Who cannot apply for this grant
You cannot apply for this grant if:
- you have failed to complete any previous projects funded through our Heritage Grants program
- your place is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register (funding may be available through a state government grant program)
What we can fund
- Urgent works on the exterior of a significant place.
- Works on the interior of a significant building or outbuilding.
- Works to significant fences and trees.
Conservation Management Plans and Heritage Action Plans
We may consider funding for the development of a Conservation Management Plan or Heritage Action Plan by a qualified heritage practitioner.
What we cannot fund
- Works to a place listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.
- Works to elements of a place that are not of local heritage significance (such as modern extensions to a heritage building).
- Works required due to a repair order issued by the City of Casey.
- Works that have already started or been completed.
- Speculative reconstruction works where there is no evidence of the earlier appearance of the place.
Before you apply for a Heritage Grant, we encourage you to meet with one of our Heritage Officers. This will ensure you are eligible and we are able to fund your project. You can make a booking by calling (03) 9705 5200.
What to include in your application
You must include the following details and documents with your application:
- Your contact details.
- The property street address.
- A current colour photograph of the property and close-up photographs of the areas to which works will be carried out.
- A detailed written description of the proposed works, including (as appropriate):
- A record of any prior advice sought from a qualified heritage practitioner, including a heritage impact assessment, Conservation Management Plan or Heritage Action Plan
You may need a planning permit for some works. If a permit is required, you must provide evidence that this has been granted (or that you have applied for it).
You will also need to provide one or more quotes for the works you are proposing. Quotes must be detailed and identify the full scope of the works and materials to be used. They must also not be no more than 6 months old.
- For works up to $2,999: one written quote
- For works above $3000: two written quotes
How we decide on successful grants
We will only assess your application if you have provided all the required information before the closing date.
We may request to inspect the property to help with our assessment of your application.
We will then assess your application using the following criteria:
- The heritage significance of the place.
- How you propose to complete the works.
- The evidence you have provided to show that the works are necessary, such as advice from a qualified heritage practitioner.
- The type and urgency of the conservation works.
- The benefit of developing heritage documents.
- Compliance with the Burra Charter.
- Community benefit and the potential to raise heritage awareness.
- Compliance with the guidelines and requirements in this document.
If your application is successful
If your application is successful, we will send you a letter outlining want you need to do next. We will also give you updates by phone and email.
Receiving the funding
We will only transfer the funding to you (by electronic bank transfer) once you have completed the works. We will verify this by inspecting and photographing the works. We reserve the right to use photographs for promotional purposes.
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you must tell us how you spent the grant money and what the outcomes of the project were. This is known as an acquittal process.
Find out more about the acquittal process.
For further information regarding City of Casey Heritage Grant scheme please contact 9705 5200.