Skip to main content

Littering and public bins

Report littering. Abandoned vehicles. Public bins. Skip bins. Clothing bins. Syringes. Trolleys.

You need a permit if you want to hire a skip bin or clothing bin on a Council road or nature strip. You do not need a permit to place a skip bin on your own property.
If you find a dumped or abandoned trolley on public property, we can pick it up. We will impound the trolley and notify the owner for them to collect it.
If you notice a problem with a public rubbish bin, please report it to us. Problems can include things like if a bin has not been collected, a bin is damaged or a bin has gone missing.
If you see someone littering or dumping rubbish on public land, you can report it to us or other relevant government departments.

Have you found the information you were looking for?