The Community Care Coaching Support program allows you to access up to 5 free sessions of coaching support. The sessions are designed to help you:
- discuss personal issues in a friendly, supportive and informal environment
- develop skills and strategies that will help you to better manage issues and challenges in
- access other community support services that can to assist you over the longer term
What is coaching?
Coaching is a style of counselling that focuses on supporting people to make positive changes in their lives. Coaching takes the view that everyone has the ability to find their own solutions to problems and that we all have unique strengths, talents and coping skills to help us achieve our goals. The role of the coach is to assist you to tap into your strengths and skills and put your ideas into action.
Coaching is a little bit different from traditional counselling - our aim is to help you to gain a clearer picture about what’s going on for you right now, what you would like for the future and what are some small steps you can take to help you to reach your future goals.
Is coaching right for you?
You may benefit from a coaching session if you:
- are feeling a bit ‘stuck’ and want to find new direction and meaning
- want to talk about something that’s on your mind, which you would like to better understand and work through with an objective listener
- have recently experienced a significant life change, such as changes in your health, moving home, retirement, death of a loved one, etc.
- want support with relationship problems or help forming new friendships
- are recovering from illness or a disability
- want help managing feelings of stress, anxiety, loneliness and depression
Who runs the coaching sessions?
The coaching sessions are run by a member of the Connected Communities team. Our team member has tertiary qualifications in psychology and has been working in counselling and community support worker roles for over 10 years. He has a friendly and informal style and is passionate about helping people to work through and overcome personal challenges and enjoy fulfilling lives.
Where are the coaching sessions held?
Coaching sessions can be held wherever you feel most comfortable. This can be:
- in your home
- a café or another location in the community
- one of our Social Support Centres in Berwick or Cranbourne
How long do the sessions go for?
The sessions usually run from an hour to an hour and half.