- Name: Reduce and Change Environment grants
- Status: Closed. Next round opening February 2022
- Amount we provide: Up to $5,000
Reduce and Change Environment grants
The City of Casey is providing up to $5,000 to assist local organisations to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and tackle climate change to help the environment. The total funding for the grant program is $20,000.
A maximum of $5,000 can be applied for per organisation.
Purpose of this grant
The objectives of the grant will be to:
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption by improving energy efficiency
- tackle climate change by helping to keep our city cool
What the grants can be used for
Examples of what you could use funding from this grant for include:
- Upgrading inefficient lighting to LED technology energy efficient options.
- Installing external window shades or living green walls on western walls.
- Replacement of inefficient fridges/freezers to new efficient options. *
*Please note, if your grant application is to replace a fridge/freezer, it is a condition of the grant that Council disposes of the fridge/freezer being replaced on behalf of your organisation.
The total funding for the grant program is $20,000. A maximum of $5,000 can be applied for per organisation.
How are successful grants decided?
Your application will be assessed on how well it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- How well the program/events fits in with the purpose of the grants (stated at the start of this document)
- The ability of your group or organisation to deliver the project described in the application
If your application is successful
- We will notify you by email
- In the email, we will include the Information for Environment Grant Recipients document which will outline the conditions for your grant
- You will need to review our Council Grants Policy and adhere to the conditions as outlined
- If you have any outstanding payments to Council, you will need to clear these before we can pay the grant
For groups with an auspice, funds are usually paid directly to the auspice organisation. This organisation is responsible for ensuring the funds are spent in accordance with the application and any special conditions Council may require. Auspice organisations must know about your application before you apply.
Who can apply for this grant
To apply for this grant, your group must:
- be a registered (incorporated) not-for-profit club or community group. You may also have the support of one (an auspice)
- be a school, kindergarten or business
- be based in the City of Casey or service Casey residents
- have public liability insurance of a minimum $10 million
- be able to show significant community support for your organisation
- develop a detailed project plan, highlighting the benefits of what you are proposing
- create an itemised budget, detailing how you will spend the funds
- submit your application and documentation online.
Who cannot apply for this grant
You cannot apply if you are:
- an individual
- government agencies at local, state or federal level (except for kindergartens and schools)
- political parties or groups
We will not accept applications:
- for more than one project per group or organisation.
- for events held outside the City of Casey.
- for ongoing operational costs. These include utilities (electricity, gas and water), staff wages, rent or insurance.
- if we have approved another grant for the same program or event in the same financial year.
- from programs that only advocate religion or faith.
- from celebrations for individuals.
- for fundraising, other grants programs, prizes, awards or donations.
- for activities that are due to happen (or have already happened) before we receive your application.
Grants Development Officers are available to answer questions about:
- how to apply
- the grant criteria
- general queries