Under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, our Environmental Health Officers can inspect any business that is involved with providing a prescribed Accommodation Premises.
Inspections can occur at any time during business trading hours. Our inspections focus on a wide range of issues including:
- cleanliness and maintenance of premises
- size of rooms are suitable to accommodate occupants
- Appropriate discharge of waste and management of refuse
- record keeping
Inspection during the registration process
After you have completed the building or renovation work detailed in your plans, we will conduct a final inspection. This is to ensure the completed work meets the plans and relevant legislative requirements. If we are satisfied that your proposed accommodation premises meets these requirements, we will issue your registration within 5 working days.
Request an inspection
If you are buying or selling a prescribed accommodation premises, you can request an inspection prior to settlement to ensure the premises complies with the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
There is a fee of $235 for an inspection to occur.
How to request an inspection
To request an inspection, please complete a Request for Inspection of Premises form.
You can submit the form and payment:
- by post
- in person at a customer service centre
- by email – email@example.com
- to pay via credit card, please also complete and submit a credit card authorisation form
What happens next
- An Environmental Health Officer will contact you to organise an inspection time.
- We will provide you with an inspection report 5 business days after the inspection. This report will identify anywhere your premises isn't meeting the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.