- Applications are open all year.
- If successful, you will not receive your grant until after you have participated in the event
- Applications will usually be assessed in the month after which they are submitted. For example, applications submitted in August will be assessed in September.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome as soon as possible after the application is assessed.
- If successful, you will receive your grant after you attend your event and have submitted an Acquittal Form.
Purpose of this grant
Our vision is for the City of Casey to be the most livable city in the Australia.
As part of the vision, we recognise individual achievements and to assist residents reach their full potential.
You can apply for an Achievement Grant to participate in state, national and international events or activities as competitors, umpires and adjudicators. This includes:
- sporting events
- performing arts
- visual arts
- science and technology
- other competitive events or activities
The grant provides individuals in the City of Casey with financial assistance to help meet some of their travel and participation costs.
To apply for this grant, you must:
- be a competitor, umpire or adjudicator who has been selected to participate in an event
- submit your application before you attend the event
- include a letter or other official documentation from the peak body in your application that confirms:
- the event or activity is of state, national or international standard
- you have been selected or invited to participate in the event
- include a Statement by a Supplier Form if the applicant is over the age of 18
Who can apply for this grant
To be eligible applicants need to be:
- a resident of the City of Casey
- selected or invited to participate in a competitive event
- participating in an event or activity that is conducted or coordinated by a recognised peak body
- travelling to events/activities held further than 125 kilometres from home, this includes interstate and overseas.
What we can fund
If you are eligible, you can apply for up to:
- $100 for an event or activity held in Victoria
- $250 for an interstate event or activity
- $500 for an international event or activity
What we cannot fund
- Coaching, training and teaching costs.
- Applicants who have received a City of Casey Achievement Grant in the previous two year period
- Conferences and professional development courses.
- Applications from individuals who have not completed and submitted Council’s Grant Acquittal Form for previous funding.
- Participation in events held by commercial businesses
- Community service, voluntary work or fundraising activities.
- Participation in events or activities that we perceive to have a negative image. Examples include organisations that are associated with alcohol, gambling or smoking.
- School, university or club based tours and friendship competitions.
How the grants work
- Successful applicants will receive their grant funds after participation in the event and successful submission of their Grant Acquittal Form
- If several Casey residents apply for funding to participate in the same event or activity, a maximum amount may be allocated for that event or activity
- Once the funding pool has been expended, no additional funding will be available within the financial year. Prospective applicants will be advised accordingly
- Applications may be prioritised based on travel distance. National and international events/activities may take priority over those held in Victoria
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you must tell us how you spent the grant money and what the outcomes of the project were. This is known as an acquittal process. Once this is complete, you will receive your money.
Find out more about the acquittal process.