Transfer or cancel your pet registration

Transfer from another council

To transfer your pet’s registration from another Council, please complete a pet registration form (291kb).

You will not be charged again if you can provide proof of payment from your previous Council for the current registration period.

Transfer from a previous owner

To transfer your pet’s registration from another owner, please complete the Transfer of animal registration form (1mb).

You'll need to provide:

  • the pet's microchip number
  • the pet's animal ID (find this on the pet's registration renewal notice)
  • details of the previous owner
  • your details

Submit the completed form via:

Cancel a registration

If your pet has passed away or no longer lives in the City of Casey, please complete the Dog and cat cancellation of registration form (1011kb) to cancel your registration.


You will receive a full refund of your pet registration fee if your pet passed away before 10 June of the year you registered them.

You will receive a 50% refund if your pet passed away after 10 June but before 10 October of the year you registered them.

To process the refund, please return the form in person to a customer service centre.

Update your microchipping details

Please make sure you notify your microchipping provider to update their register.

Tell us what you think

If you have a minute, we'd love to hear how you found the information on this page. Please complete this very short survey to tell us what you think.