Register your pet

Register Online Icon Register Online

Registration checklist

To register your cat or dog for the first time, please make sure:

How to register

Register Online

If you are unable to register online, print and complete the Pet registration form (291kb).

What happens next?

  • We will post your pet's unique identification tag to you within 5-10 working days. You must attach the tag to your pet's collar. Your pet must wear its registration tag at all times.
  • You must renew your pet’s registration every year in April. We will send you a reminder when it’s close to this time.

Registration fees

All pet registrations submitted from 2 January 2018 will be valid until 9 April 2019.

Pet Full fee Pensioner
Desexed cat or dog $54.50 $27.00
Not desexed cat or dog $195.00 $97.50
Puppy not desexed (under 6 months old) $99.00 $54.50
Reduced fee $54.50 $27.00
Restricted breed, menacing or dangerous dog $340.00 $340.00
Service dog (guide dog, customs dog) Free Free


You are eligible for the puppy fee if your dog is under 6 months old and has not been desexed.

Your puppy will be registered for the first year. You will pay the regular fee when you renew the registration. If you have your puppy desexed, please let us know in order to receive the desexed cat or dog fee.


You are entitled to a discount on your pet registration if you hold any of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – War Widow (WW).
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).

 Reduced fee criteria

If your pet fits into one or more of the criteria below, you may be eligible for a reduced registration fee.

  • The cat or dog is over 10 years old.
  • The cat or dog is kept for breeding by the proprietor of a domestic animal business on registered premises.
  • The cat or dog is registered with an eligible organisation.
  • The dog is a working dog (eg. farm dogs or assistance dogs).
  • The dog has undergone obedience training with Australian Association of Professional Dog Trainers Inc., The Gentle Dog Trainers Association Inc., Dogs Victoria or Four Paws K9 Training.

Organisations that entitle you to a discount registration

If you're a member of one or more of the following organisations, you may be eligible for a discount on your pet registration.


  • Australian National Cats Inc.
  • Cats Victoria Inc.
  • The Governing Council of the Cat Fancy Australia and Victoria Inc.


  • Dogs Victoria

Where do your fees go

Your registration fees help Council provide many pet-related services, including:

  • help to find your pet, if it's lost
  • education programs
  • investigating puppy farms and prosecuting operators
  • more pet-friendly parks and other facilities throughout Casey

Tell us what you think

If you have a minute, we'd love to hear how you found the information on this page. Please complete this very short survey to tell us what you think.