On-site stormwater detention (OSD) systems reduce the peak flow of stormwater into Council drains. OSD systems temporarily store stormwater runoff within the development site, then discharge into Council drains at a controlled rate.
We will decide if you need an OSD system when assessing your planning application. If required, the installation of an OSD will be enforced as a planning permit condition.
OSD design guidelines
The design of your OSD system must meet our requirements. To help you design a compliant system, you can use our OSD design guidelines and checklist. By following these guidelines, your designs have a much higher chance of being approved.
You can submit the checklist along with your form and plans for approval.
Submit your plans for approval
To submit your plans for approval:
- complete a submission of drainage plans form
- provide 2 hard copies, or 1 PDF copy, of your OSD design plans
You can submit your application form and plans:
- via email - email@example.com
- via post addressed to Stormwater Management Team, Engineering and Asset Management Department
What happens next
- We will review your plans within 10 business days.
- If your plans do not meet our requirements, we will notify you. You must amend your designs and resubmit them for approval.
- If we approve your plans, we will provide you with a stamped copy of your plans.