Skip to main content

Food businesses

Register a food business. Register a temporary or mobile food business.

If you are thinking of opening a new food business, or want to purchase an existing food business, you can contact our Environmental Health Team. They can guide you through the registration process and help you get the licences you need.
Our Environmental Health Officers may inspect any food business at a reasonable time. We also inspect food businesses before they are registered. You can also request an inspection before you buy or sell your food business.
Under the Food Act 1984, all proprietors must ensure that food sold at their business is safe and suitable for human consumption.
All food businesses in the City of Casey must be registered and meet strict food preparation and safety laws. If you're concerned about food safety or hygiene practices or you suspect eating at a particular business made you sick, you can make a complaint to our Environmental Health Team.
If the food business you wish to open is a class 4 business, you need to notify us. To notify us, you must complete and submit a Notification of a Food Premises form.
Register your new class 1, 2 or 3 food business in Casey.

Have you found the information you were looking for?