We will collect rubbish bins every week. Recycling bins and garden waste are collected every two weeks.
Please view Council's Recycling and Waste Guide 2020-2021 for full details on getting rid of house waste.
Please note: Council has a new waste and recycling contractor, Cleanaway. You may notice a difference with your bin collection times. If your bin has not been picked up, please wait until the day after your collection before you contact Council.
Put your bins out the night before
Place your bins out for collection the night before their scheduled collection day.
Make sure you bring your bin inside by 12.00pm the day after your scheduled collection. You cannot leave your bins on the nature strip between collection days.
How to put your bin out safely
- Place your bin near the kerb on your naturestrip.
- Make sure the bin handles face away from the road.
- Leave enough room between bins and other obstacles like street lights and cars.
- Do not overfill your bins. The lid must close.
- Do not make your bins too heavy. If the bin is too heavy, we cannot empty it.
Dead-end, court bowls and hammer-head streets
Dead-end streets: Your dead-end street may be collected as a one-sided collection.
Court bowls: Do not place your bin in the 'court bowl' end of your street.
Hammer-head streets: Please do not place your bin in the 'hammer-head' end of your street.
Report a missed collection
If your bin was not collected, please let us know.