We are calling all young creatives who want to make some art, spread some hope and be part of a community project!
Help us to create a community mural and an online gallery all from the comfort of your own homes. 🏠🎨
We are accepting artworks NOW!
Our proposed unveiling dates of the mural is September 2nd - September 15th.
How can you get involved?
- We are asking young people under the age of 25 to make artworks in response to our three themes GRATITUDE, HOPE & COMMUNITY ☀️ These three themes were chosen by the participants of the Young Women’s Leadership Program and are themes they felt were important for us to reflect on and carry with us during this time.
- Scan or take a photo of your artwork and send it through to Eden at email@example.com
- You can create any type of artwork that you would like! Painting, drawing, sculpture, photography or poetry
- You can include an artists statement, a title, a few words or a message you would like to share along with your artwork
- All artworks will be added to our Online Gallery through this event page and eventually compiled into three books, that will be kept at our Youth Information Centres
- Art workshops and videos will be posted throughout the event. These will give you some ideas on how to explore the themes in different ways.
The Mural 🖼️
- From here the outlines of some of the artworks will be traced onto our three large mural boards, with each board representing one of our themes
- When we can all come together, the three murals boards will be brought together and connected to each other, creating one large mural
- We will then invite youth and the community to come and colour in the mural, resulting in one new, beautiful piece of art!
The mural will be put on display and kept long term at our Narre Warren Youth Information Centre. Both the mural and artworks will be kept as a reminder of the gratitude, hope and community connection that was created while we were all in isolation 🖌️
If you would like to be involved or want any more information please send an email to Eden at firstname.lastname@example.org, Josh at email@example.com or Rory at firstname.lastname@example.org