Our digital team are collecting research to inform the design of a new online form to help Casey residents request bins. If you need to, or have recently requested bins, please fill out this survey and go in the draw to win a $50 Westfield voucher!
All residents have a light green wheelie bin to be used for collection of household garbage.
To check when your next scheduled waste collections are; type your address into the What's near me web form and click search.
- Residents must place their bin out for collection the night before their scheduled collection day. Failure to do this could result in the bin not being emptied.
- Bins must be brought back inside your property by 12pm the day following your scheduled collection.
- To reduce the likelihood of rubbish being blown by wind or spilt during the collection process; please wrap or place any loose material in a bag.
- Leave a 1/2 metre gap between bins or obstacles.
- Do not place rubbish beside or on top of the bin.
- Do not overload the bin (maximum of 55kg).
- Do not put solid heavy objects such as bricks, timber or steel in the bin as these may damage the collection equipment.
- No logs
- No dirt, rubble, bricks, tiles or soil
- No paint
- No hazardous chemicals
- No medical waste or syringes
- No recyclable material - see our recycling collection service for details on what is considered recyclable
Do you need to dispose of something that can't go in your bin?
Take a look at our Hard waste collection service. You may also be able to find your item on our 'Where can I dispose of?' page.
Did you know?
If you are not currently filling your garbage bin each week, you may be able to downsize your garbage bin from a 120 litre to an 80 litre and save a little money on your annual waste charge!
Contact the Waste & Recycling Team on 9705 5200 to enquire about changes to your bins.