Capture your passion for reducing waste
Exercise your creative skills and put together a short video which promotes reducing waste within the City of Casey. Whether it be a story, comedy skit, heart-felt journey, animation, silent video or any other type of video, we are eager to see or hear what drives you. There are no limitations on the type of video. Video length is to be no longer than 1 minute.
The top 10 videos for each category will be shown at the National Recycling Week celebration held on 17 November. If your video has been chosen you will receive notification and will be invited to participate in the event.
How to enter
- Shoot an engaging video on how you are reducing waste (see theme below)
- Join the Green Living Facebook Group.
- Upload your video in a post to the group timeline. Make sure you include the category you are entering (see below)
- Include the hashtag #wastewise in your post
- Let the good times roll :)
- 1st - iPad pro 10.5 inch 256GB Wi-Fi & Cellular, valued at $1,329
- 2nd - iPad 9.7-inch Wi- Fi and Cellular 128GB, valued at $797
- 3rd - eReader Kobo Aura One, valued at $349
- 1st - iPad 9.7-inch Wi- Fi and Cellular 128GB, valued at $797
- 2nd - Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1, valued at $349
- 3rd - National Geographic Kids magazine, valued at $65
People’s Choice Award
- Redballoon gift voucher, valued at $400
Theme: Waste reduction
- Waste includes but is not limited to rubbish to landfill, recyclables, food waste, garden waste, electronic waste, hard waste.
- Themes include but are not limited to reduce, reuse, re-purposing, up-cycling, composting, reducing packaging, waste awareness.
- Open Category
This category is open to all those who live in the City of Casey. If you are not a resident of the City of Casey you can enter through waste reduction activities undertaken at your school, work place or by a community group within the City of Casey.
- Primary Category
This category is open to all children who attend a Primary School within the City of Casey or all City of Casey residents that attend a Primary School.
- People’s Choice Award
The contest is open to online public voting via 'likes'. The video with the most 'likes' is the winner of the People’s Choice Awards.
Proof of residence, workplace, school attendance or involvement in a community group must be provided. This may include a utility bill, business document with individual name and address, letter from your school or letter from a community group
- Inspirational and ability to influence behaviour change (excluded from Primary Category)
- Creativity / originality
- Strength and clarity of waste reduction message
Note: for the Primary Category there will be 3 judging criteria.
See Terms and Conditions for further information.
- Video must be up to 1 minute in length
- Landscape format
Entry deadline: Friday 21 September 2018
Winners notified by: Friday 12 October
If you have any questions, please contact the Waste Education team via email@example.com or 9705 5700.