- Name: COVID-19 Quick Response grants.
- Status: Closed. Funds have been exhausted.
- Amount: Up to $5,000. One application per organisation.
- Eligibility: Available to community sector organisations providing vital social support and emergency relief services to address immediate community needs in relation to the impact of COVID-19.
- Previously successful recipients.
Purpose of this grant
The COVID-19 pandemic created significant challenges for the community sector who worked hard to support Casey’s most vulnerable residents. During this time, Council provided significant support to community organisations through its Quick Response grants program. This included a substantial level of funding distributed to community service organisations and emergency food relief providers in response to local community needs.
The COVID-19 Quick Response grants aimed to extend and strengthen this assistance for the community sector. This was done by providing up to $5,000 to support COVID-19 related services, programs and initiatives that need to be acted on within a short timeframe and aligned with one or more of the following purposes:
- respond immediately to community needs
- provide targeted assistance to Casey’s most vulnerable residents
- provide culturally sensitive services to high need groups
- enhance organisational capacity to retain staff and volunteers
- meet demand for support services that are not being met.
Tell us how your grant was used
After you have completed your project, you must tell us how you spent the grant money and what the outcomes of the project were. This is known as an acquittal process. You must complete the acquittal process online within 60 days of spending the money. Find out more about the acquittal process.