Skip to main content

Family and Community Services

Information on this page: 

Waste services

Waste services are continuing to operate as normal. In Victoria, the collection of waste is considered an essential service, and this will continue to be a priority for the City of Casey.

In-home care and meals-on-wheels

The City of Casey is continuing to offer its in-home care services and the meals-on-wheels service. If this service is impacted, clients will be notified directly.

Maternal and child health

Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services are operating with restrictions. MCH services are operating by appointment by ringing 9705 5590.

Parents can also ring the Victorian Government MCH line on 132 229. The free service is available 24 hours a day for information, support and guidance on child and family health and parenting.


Kindergartens will return to face-to-face care from Monday, 13 July.

The City of Casey is making changes to support our kindergarten families during this challenging time. The health and safety of your child, family and our educators are our top priority.

Please view our FAQs for more information or view a list of Council-managed kindergartens

Family Day Care

The City of Casey has made changes to support its Family Day Care service.

Families who use this service need to comply with new rules to make sure that your child(ren), the other children in the group and your educator stay healthy. 

If your child is unwell, please keep them at home and let your educator know. If you have returned to Australia from overseas you must self-isolate for 14 days, and only if the self-isolation period is observed and your child is in full-health, may they attend their Family Day Care sessions. 

Your FDC Educator will need to restrict visitors, including Occupational Therapists, unless essential. Please check with your educator for more information.

School aged children can attend Family Day Care if they are not attending school. Check with your FDC Educator if they have capacity for your child. Kinder children who are not attending their normal kinder can also attend Family Day Care and they will still qualify for Child Care Subsidy. 

For further information on FDC, you can contact your usual educator, or the City of Casey via our call centre.


All Casey Cardinia Libraries are closed due to new COVID-19 lockdown restrictions. This includes the Cardinia Mobile Library.

For more information visit Casey Cardinia Library’s website or Facebook page. You can also call their customer service on 1800 577 548.

Youth services

City of Casey Youth Services continues to provide FREE and confidential counselling and support for young people in Casey.

Telephone and video counselling continues to be available. Limited face-to-face youth counselling will also be available from Monday 13 July, by referral only, at the Narre Warren Youth Information Centre.

Available support

  • Youth counselling: Individual counselling for young people aged between 13 - 25
  • Parent support sessions: Adolescent parenting skills, strategies and mental health information
  • Parent-assisted therapy: Support for young people aged 10 – 12 with the participation of their parent or guardian

For more information, or if you are a young person in Casey who needs support, please call 9792 7979. You can also text 0417 347 909 with your name and number.

Public immunisation sessions

Sessions are still available, however, changes to public immunisation sessions have been made to ensure the health and safety of community members and staff. Please ensure you regularly check the immunisations page on our website for updates.

Needle exchange program

The Needle Exchange Program has been modified, due to the temporary closure of our face-to-face Customer Service Centres.

The program will only be a sharps container provision service until further notice.

If you have a full container, we ask that you hold on to these until the program returns to normal operations. If you need a new container, please contact us and we will coordinate a time for an Environmental Health officer to drop this to your home.