Casey Youth Services offers a wide variety of number of recreational and personal development programs for young people in Casey. The programs provide an opportunity for young people to explore recreational and personal development activities and are designed to improve young people’s connections with their peers, their family and the community. Programs may include sport, music, creative arts, leadership and support programs.
All City of Casey Youth Services programs are offered at no cost or low cost.
For more information about current programs please contact Youth Services on 9705 5200 or visit Youth Service’s Facebook page.
In School programs
In School programs are designed to improve young people’s connection to their peers, school, family and the community. Programs include topics such as self-esteem, alcohol and other drugs, sexual health and leadership. The programs are designed to help young people develop skills and knowledge for the achievement of personal goals.
For a list of In School programs contact Youth Services on 9705 5200.
Australia Day Study Tour Award 2018 - Applications open
Australia Day Study Tour Awards are presented to young people in Year 11 or equivalent age who take a particular interest in how the country is governed, and may wish to pursue a career or further studies in the areas of politics or law.
They have all demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities and are actively involved in their school and local communities.
The Study Tour comprises of three stages:
- A half day and evening session at Local Government, which includes an introduction to City of Casey and dinner with the Councillors.
- A full day visit to the State Government including a meeting with local State Members of Parliament.
- A four-day trip to the Federal Government in Canberra which includes a day at Parliament House, meeting with Federal Members of Parliament, visits to the High Court, National Gallery of Australia and other significant and historical landmarks of Canberra.
You must meet the following five requirements:
- The ADST is open to year 11 students or young people of equivalent age (16 years of age by 30 April in the year of ADST), attending school, living or working in the City of Casey.
- Young people should be studying or exhibit an interest in Local, State or Federal Government, politics, law or a related field or be active in their community.
- Young people should not have been on a school excursion or formal tour to Canberra in year 10 (or the year of selection).
- Young people must have parental/carer consent (completed on attached form) and have a completed nomination form from the School Principal, Head of Educational Institute, or employer.
- Young people must be available to attend ALL stages and meetings associated with the ADST.
Complete an Australia Day Study Tour Award Application form (817kb).
Complete an Australia Day Study Tour Award Nomination form (818kb).
Application and Nomination forms must be returned to the Team Leader Youth Engagement via email email@example.com or posted to:
City of Casey
PO Box 1000
Narre Warren 3805
Applications close 4.00 pm Friday 17 November 2017.
Selection for the Study Tour is based on nominations from local schools, and an interview with a selection panel.
- Nominated young people will be asked to attend an interview on Thursday 7 December 2017 in Narre Warren – venue to be confirmed.
- The ADST will be awarded to young people who are studying or exhibit an interest in Government, politics, law or a related field, are active in their community and who would benefit most.
- Awardees of the ADST will be year 11 students or age equivalent in 2018 (year 10 or equivalent in 2017). Usually ten young people will be selected and will be accompanied by two Council staff members on all stages of the ADST.
For further information please contact the Team Leader Youth Engagement on 9705 5200.
Spectrum Entertainment Committee
The City of Casey receives funding from the State Government to provide music and cultural events for young people aged 12-25 years, such as FReeZA Push Start Battle of the Sounds, Casey in Colour and Fired Up!
As a FReeZA provide, The City of Casey offers a number of live music events throughout the year which are fully supervised and drug, alcohol and smoke free. In order to ensure accessibility to all young people across the municipality these events are held at various venues across Casey and also feature a variety of music genres and activities to ensure that there is something for everyone.
‘Spectrum Entertainment’ is Casey’s FReeZA committee consisting of young people aged 12-25 years old who are passionate about music and event management. The Spectrum committee organise events for other young people in Casey and as a result committee members are able to gain first hand experience in the music industry whilst assisting with planning, organization and delivery of Casey’s FReeZA events.
Applications to join the Spectrum Committee are now open! All applications must be submitted before the 1 March 2018.
Spectrum Committee Application Form (202kb)
To find out more contact the Youth Services team on 9705 5200.
Fired Up! Hip Hop Tournament 2016
Over 800 people enjoyed Fired Up! Hip Hop Tournament 2016 at the Berwick Church of Christ on Saturday 19 November 2016. The event provides an affordable and accessible dance competition for young amateur dancers with the opportunity to participate in a competition with other young people of a similar skill level.
Congratulations to all competitors and showcase performers:
- Winners of the Junior division are:
- 1st place - Urban Force Juniors
- 2nd place - A2D Studio Juniors
- 3rd place - Babysteps Minimites
- Winners of the Varsity Division are:
- 1st place - Urban Force Varsity
- 2nd place - Babysteps Varsity
- 3rd place - D-Works
- Winners of the Open Division are:
- 1st place - Urban Force
- 2nd place - Another One
- 3rd place - Nelly's Crew
Casey Youth Action Committee
Casey Youth Action Committee empowers young people as genuine leaders in their community. This is an opportunity for young people to:
- Deliver projects on the topics and issues which are important to you
- Develop your leadership skills and take part in leadership training
- Work with other like-minded and passionate young people
- Learn more about your community and local government
- Represent the views and ideas of young people and influence decision-making.
Applications for the 2018/2019 (672kb) Casey Youth Action Committee are now open. The applications close on 27 September 2018.
For more information view the Information Sheet (737kb) or contact the Youth Services team on 9705 5200.