Submit your child's confidential record form package

Submit Online

Complete a confidential record form for each child 

Before your child can attend kindergarten, you must submit a confidential record for each child. These important documents help us understand your child's health, your family situation and what we need to do in an emergency.

Our kindergartens must collect this information to meet regulatory requirements.

If you need help completing this form, please contact us on 9705 5200.

What you must provide

As part of the confidential record, you will need to provide details about:

  • your child and family details
  • any allergies or medical conditions
  • any additional needs your child has
  • who to contact in case of emergency
  • evidence of your child's immunisation status

Immunisation status

You must provide evidence that your child's immunisations are up to date before they can begin kindergarten. We can only accept either an:

If you have a medical reason why your child is not immunised, we can accept an Immunisation History Statement.

What your Immunisation Status Certificate must include

When you ask for an Immunisation Status Certificate, please make sure it includes:

  • your child’s full name, date of birth and address
  • a list of vaccines your child has received and when the vaccine was given (this can be an attachment)
  • the date of your child’s next due vaccine OR a statement saying your child has completed all their childhood vaccinations
  • if relevant, a list of any vaccines your child cannot receive for medical reasons
  • the immunisation provider’s name, organisation name and Medicare Provider Number, or the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register number
  • the immunisation provider, the providers signature and the date the certificate was issued

Immunisation documents we cannot accept

Documents we cannot accept include:

  • your child’s Health Record (blue book) or Health & Development Record (green book)
  • overseas immunisation documents
  • homeopathic immunisation documents
  • statutory declarations
  • conscientious objection and vaccination objection on non-medical grounds

Overseas immunisation documents

We cannot accept overseas immunisation documents. If your child was immunised overseas, please take your documents to an immunisation provider. They will look over your documents and provide you with an Immunisation Status Certificate for use in Australia. Please take this certificate to your kindergarten as evidence of your child's immunisations.

Important medical documents

If your child has any medical conditions, you need to consult a doctor or medical practitioner to complete one or more of the following documents:

If your child has any other medical conditions that your kindergarten teachers should be aware of, you will need to provide a Medical Management Treatment and Action Plan.

Parents' education and occupation

Why we need this information

The Department of Education and Training (DET) is providing extra funding to kindergartens. This will give us more resources to help your child start school on track.

To make the right funding decisions, we need to ask you some questions about your level of education and occupation.

This is the same approach used to allocate funding across government schools.

If you don't want to provide this information

You do not have to provide this information, but we strongly encourage you to do so. The DET will use this information to help give funding to the kindergartens that need it the most. Any information you provide will be kept private and anonymous.

Find out more about this Early Childhood Reform on the DET website.

How to submit

Submit your confidential record

If you cannot to submit the form online, please print and complete the paper version of the confidential record form (980kb). You can submit the paper version to your child's kindergarten.

If you cannot print this form, please contact us and we will post you a form to complete.

Tell us what you think

If you have a minute, we'd love to hear how you found the information on this page. Please complete this very short survey to tell us what you think.