On this page
Nominate your preferred sporting grounds
You can hire most sportsgrounds in Casey. You can find sportsgrounds on Explore Casey under 'sports facilities'.
Some sportsgrounds may be unavailable when you want to hire them. We recommend you nominate the type and location of your preferred sportsgrounds. We will then match your preferences to what grounds are available on the date and time you indicate.
Sports facilities you cannot hire
You cannot hire the following sporting grounds:
- Casey Fields Regional Athletics Centre
- cricket, AFL and soccer pitches on Thursdays and Fridays (you can hire them on other days)
You must have public liability insurance
You must have valid public liability insurance. You must provide details of your insurance with your application.
Conditions of use
You must agree and abide by the conditions of use when hiring a sportsground.
Conditions of use
- The Hirer agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified, the Council, its servants and agents, and each of them from and against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses, penalties, demands and damages whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them, or any of them, in connection with the Hirers performance or purported performance of its obligations under this Agreement and be directly related to the negligent acts, errors or omission of the Hirer.
- The Hirers liability to indemnify the Council shall be reduced proportionally to the extent that any act or omission of the Council, its servants or agents, contributed to the loss or liability.
- The hirer has appropriate public liability insurance (copy of certificate of currency to be attached) and is responsible for any damage to Council property caused by members of the hiring organisation and/or their associates. If any damages arise from the hiring organisations use of the hiring organisation will pay reinstatement costs of reserve.
- Council may cancel bookings at short notice due to inclement weather conditions, ground conditions or other matters that may compromise safety or increase risk of damage to the reserve.
- Casual school bookings are restricted to limited days during the week to allow for scheduled sportsground maintenance as required.
- The hirer must accept responsibility that the reserve is suitable for the desired activities. Council accepts no responsibility for the condition of the reserve or the associated amenities.
- The hiring organisation is responsible for cleaning the reserve. The reserve is to be left in a neat and tidy condition at the completion of use and all rubbish is to be removed from the reserve at the cost of the hiring organisation.
- If Council is required to remove any rubbish left behind as a result of hire, the hirer will be charged accordingly, and an invoice issued for payment. Payment will be required before additional use of Council facilities is allowed.
- Access to the pavilion is to be made by arrangement with Council Officers. A refundable bond may be payable to Council to insure against any damage, cleaning etc, required as a result of the usage. Where a bond is payable a pre and post use inspection of the pavilion should be arrange with Council Officers.
- The hire agrees to pay for any required service to return the reserve and/or sportsground and/or pavilion to its pre-use standard.
- No nuisance or annoyance shall be caused to persons on neighbouring properties by any activities associated with your function. Particular care must be given to noise disturbance and it is recommended that hirers follow the guidelines set out in EPA publication 1254, Noise Control Guidelines.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the reserve without prior approval by Council.
- Amusement activities, i.e. inflatable castles etc. and children’s rides are not permitted on the reserve without prior approval by Council.
- Tents, marquees and the like are not to be erected on the reserve due to possible damage to the water reticulation and other underground services; except with prior approval by Council.
- Council prohibits any persons from consuming or bringing any intoxicating liquor on to a reserve without written approval form Council and the necessary permit from the Liquor Licencing Commission.
- This form is to be taken to the ground and presented as proof of booking when requested by Council Officers.
- Facilities in the reserve are for public use and must be shared.
- Casey organisations: $200
- Organisations outside Casey: $330
The hire fees do not include access to on-site toilet amenities.
How to hire
Complete a Recreation Reserve Casual Hire Application form.
Submit your completed form and details of your public liability insurance:
- via email - [email protected]
- at a Customer Service Centre
What happens next
- We will try and find a suitable venue for you at the time and location you request.