Barking dogs | City of Casey
Skip to main content

Barking dogs

If you believe a dog in your neighbourhood is making too much noise, you should first talk to the pet's owner. We find that most issues can be resolved with a friendly chat.

Make a complaint

If talking to your neighbour doesn't solve the problem, you can make a complaint.

To make a complaint:

  1. Contact us.
  2. We will send you a letter and barking dog log for you to complete, monitoring any excessive barking.
  3. If the barking is still a problem after 28 days, return your barking dog log to us and an Officer will be allocated the request for further investigation.

If your dog is barking too much

If you believe your dog is barking too much, or you have received a complaint, there are a few things you can do to help.