It's the moment you've been waiting for - your baby is finally home-bound. Congratulations!
While this is an exciting milestone, it's often a daunting time too. As you settle into your new normal, try not to take yourself for granted - it's easy to do!
Don't forget that Council has many services to help you along your journey and you'll have regular appointments with your Maternal & Child Health (MCH) nurse.
The hospital will notify Council when your baby arrives home. You will then receive a text message to confirm your first home visit with your MCH nurse.
Services & activities in Casey
- You can call a nurse (24 hours a day) from the Maternal and Child Health Line
- Talk to your MCH nurse about feeding or get free help and support
- Get the VaxOnTime app to help you keep track of your baby's immunisations
- Learn about the cloth nappy rebate
Information from your MCH visit
- Parenting tips from the Raising Children Network
- Your newborn’s first week: what to expect
- A helpful guide for new dads
- Tips for making a great start to fatherhood
- Newborn sleep routines
- Newborn development
- How to breastfeed - in pictures
- Car safety for my baby
- Animals and child safety