Skip to main content
We are working to address the impact of the storms on Tuesday 13 February.

Apply to run a charity raffle or street stall

You need a permit to hold fundraising activities on Council land such as:

  • sausage sizzles
  • raffle ticket sales
  • appeal stalls
  • street collections (such as UNHCR)

You do not need a permit if you wish to hold a fundraising stall on private land. However, you must get permission from the landowner.

If you are serving or selling food

If you serve food as part of your fundraising activities, you must register as a food business. This includes if your stall is set up on private land.

Register as a fundraising organisation

Register with Consumer Affairs Victoria

You may need to register as a fundraising organisation through Consumer Affairs Victoria if you will be raising more than $10,000.

Register your raffle

If you are running a raffle, you may need to register with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.

You must have public liability insurance

You must hold public liability insurance with a minimum of $20 million to receive a permit. The permit must be held in the name of the applicant and contain the following clause:

The Permit Holder agrees to indemnify and to keep indemnified, the City of Casey (the Council), its servants and agents, and each of them from and against all actions, costs, claims, charges, expenses, penalties, demands and damages whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them, or any of them, in connection with the Permit Holder's performance or purported performance of its obligations under this Permit and be directly related to the negligent acts, errors or omission of the Permit Holder. The Permit Holder's liability to indemnify the Council shall be reduced proportionally to the extent that an act of omission of the Council, its servants or agents, contributed to the loss or liability.

Approved times and locations

To help avoid traffic congestion and for safety, you can only conduct fundraising activities on Council land between 9 am - 5 pm in the following areas:

  • Autumn Place, Doveton (Doveton cafe)
  • Webb Street, Narre Warren (Rotunda)
  • High Street, Berwick (Westpac Bank)
  • High Street, Berwick (Pharmacy)
  • High Street, Cranbourne (Ritchies Liquor)
  • High Street, Cranbourne (Goodman Group Lawyers/Barry Plant Real Estate)

No fees for charities and not-for-profits

Charities and not-for-profit organisations do not have to pay to apply for a permit.

How to apply

Submit your application

Submit your application form:

What happens next

  • We will review your application. If we need more information, we will contact you.
  • If the inspection is satisfactory, we will approve your permit within 7 business days.

Have you found the information you were looking for?