Get the most out of composting
Composting is great for the environment and your garden as it produces a nutrient rich soil product.
Composting your food waste means you send less waste to landfill. The compost process also produces a nutrient rich soil product that is great for your garden.
To get the most out of your composting, Bokashi bucket or Worm Farm, visit our events page to find upcoming workshops.
Find more information:
- on the Composting in Casey Guide
- on how you can make the most out of your compost bin on the Sustainability Victoria website.
Apply for a rebate
To help cut down on rubbish going to landfill, we offer a rebate program to Casey residents.
To claim a rebate you must:
- provide a copy of your receipt
- provide proof that you live in Casey (a recent utility bill, concession card, rates notice or similar)
Terms and conditions apply.
How much you can claim
As long as you have your receipt, you can claim:
- $30 for a compost bin
- $40 for a Bokashi bucket
- $50 for a Worm Farm
You can claim a maximum of 1 rebate per property each year.
If you paid less than the maximum rebate amount, we will only pay you the amount shown on your receipt.
How to claim
What happens next
- We will pay the rebate amount into your bank account within 30 days.