Updates to payment plans due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, Council is making changes to this service:
- You can temporarily extend a hold on your account until 31 December 2020 due to loss of income from coronavirus
- After 31 December you will need to commence a regular payment plan for the outstanding amount
- Penalty interest is suspended until 31 December 2020. From 1 January 2021, interest will be added at 10% on all overdue amounts.
If you find yourself in financial difficulty and don't believe you can meet your future rates payment, you can apply to enter a payment plan or for an extension of time to pay.
Choose how much and how often to pay
If you wish to enter a payment plan, you must:
- commit to paying a minimum of $20 a week. You are welcome to pay more than this amount at any time during your plan
- choose to spread your payments out into weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments
- start your plan within 1 month from when you submit your application
You must pay the full amount before 30 June 2021.
Extension of time
If you need an extension of time to pay your rates account in full, you can choose a payment date within 1 month from when you submit your application. You must make full payment on or before this date.
If you believe you need more than 1 month, we recommend you enter a payment plan.
Due to COVID-19, penalty interest is suspended until 30 September 2020.
Apply for a payment plan or extension
If you are unable to apply online, please contact us on 9705 5200 and we can help you over the phone.
What happens next?
- We will assess your application. If approved, we will send you a confirmation letter with a payment schedule within 5 business days. The payment schedule will have the due dates for your payments.
- You do not need to wait to receive your confirmation letter. You should start paying from the date you chose on your payment plan.
- You must set up regular payments with your financial institution (Bpay or Securepay). All your payment reference details are available on your rates notice.