Activities requiring a permit
If you want to conduct any of the following activities on Council land, you will need a permit:
- storing or repairing a vehicle, caravan or trailer
- obstructing a road and/or nature strip
- consuming alcohol in a public place
- other uses of public land
If you want to conduct an activity and you are unsure whether you need a permit, we encourage you to contact us.
What Council land includes
Council land can include:
- nature strips
- parks and reserves
If you are not sure if where you want to perform is owned by the Council, please contact us.
You must provide a site plan
You must provide a site plan that illustrates where your activity will take place in relation to the intersection. The application form has a template which you must complete and submit.
There is a $127.50 non-refundable application fee for each application.
How to apply
To apply to use public land, please complete the relevant sections of the Public Land Use Permit Application form.
If you wish to pay by credit card, please also complete a Credit Card Authorisation Form.
Due to customer service centre closures, you must submit the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot submit by email, you can post your application.
What happens next
- We will consider your application. If we need more information, we will contact you.
- If the inspection is satisfactory, we will approve your permit within 7 business days.