Tertiary and TAFE students studying Early Childhood (or other education disciplines) can get a work placement at a Casey kindergarten. Placements run between March and November each year and are under the guidance of a mentor. Students get valuable work experience with play-based kindergarten programs, turning theory into practice. Positions are subject to availability.
How to apply
To apply you must:
- be over 18
- provide a Practicum Placement Agreement. This outlines each party’s responsibility and requirements and is provided through the student's university or TAFE
- have a valid Working With Children Check
If you are unable to register online, print and complete the Student Kindergarten Work Placement form.
Please address the form to the Kindergartens team and return it:
All student placements must be part of a tertiary or TAFE course. Approvals for student placements depend on:
- number of requests received
- timing/dates of placements
- availability of services to host students