Large vehicles such as trucks need a permit. By monitoring where large vehicles are registered Council can ensure it is:
- maintaining the amenity of its streets and neighbourhoods
- reducing the impact of noise and fumes
- identifying safety and parking impacts these vehicles can have for local residents
- $127.50 application fee (non-refundable)
- $440 yearly fee
How to apply
To apply to keep a large vehicle on private property, you must:
- complete a Private Land Use Permit Application form
- provide a sketch plan of where you will keep the vehicle
- pay the application fee
What happens next
- We will consult with your neighbours to let them know you wish to keep a large vehicle in a residential area.
- We will inspect the area where your plan to keep your vehicle.
- If your permit is approved, you must pay a yearly fee.
- You must renew your permit every year.