Skip to main content
Minister for Local Government appoints Administrator to City of Casey.

Apply to keep large vehicles on private property

Large vehicles such as trucks need a permit. By monitoring where large vehicles are registered Council can ensure it is:

  • maintaining the amenity of its streets and neighbourhoods
  • reducing¬†the impact of noise and fumes
  • identifying safety and parking impacts these vehicles can have for residents


  • $127.50¬†application fee (non-refundable)
  • $440 yearly fee

How to apply

To apply to keep a large vehicle on private property, you must:

What happens next

  • We will consult with your neighbours to let them know you wish to keep a large vehicle in a residential area.
  • We will inspect the area where you plan to keep your vehicle.
  • If your permit is approved, you must pay a yearly fee.
  • You must renew your permit every year.