Large vehicles such as trucks need a permit. By monitoring where large vehicles are registered Council can ensure it is:
- maintaining the amenity of its streets and neighbourhoods
- reducing the impact of noise and fumes
- identifying safety and parking impacts these vehicles can have for residents
- $130 application fee (non-refundable)
- The permit fee is $130
- Long/heavy vehicles permit fee is $450
You must pay both the application and permit fee when you apply. If your application is unsuccessful the permit fee will be refunded.
How to apply
To apply to keep a large vehicle on private property, you must:
- complete a Private Land Use Permit Application Form
- provide a sketch plan of where you will keep the vehicle
- pay the application fee
If you wish to pay by credit card, please complete and submit a Credit Card Authorisation form.
You can submit forms:
Due to coronavirus restrictions, Bunjil Place is only open from 1 July, Monday to Friday from 10 am - 4 pm. Visitors to Bunjil Place will notice many safety measures in place.
What happens next
- We will consult with your neighbours to let them know you wish to keep a large vehicle in a residential area.
- We will inspect the area where you plan to keep your vehicle.
- If your permit is approved, you must pay a yearly fee.
- You must renew your permit every year.