Skip to main content

Apply for a hoarding permit

A hoarding permit is required for any proposed building work which connects or occupies council land.

You may also need an application for report and consent (Regulation 116 of the Building Regulations 2018) if the relevant building surveyor determines that the occupation of council land is necessary to ensure public safety.

Documentation required

To apply for a hoarding permit, complete these forms:


  • Report and Consent/Hoarding Permit (Regulation 116) fee of $316.40 applies.
  • A further fee of $8.80 per square metre (m2) per month applies, with a minimum fee of $500.

How to submit

Submit your completed form and payment:

What happens next?

Requests are usually processed within 14 business days.

Have you found the information you were looking for?