Skip to main content
We are working to address the impact of the storms on Tuesday 13 February.

Apply to find the legal point of stormwater discharge

The legal point of discharge is where stormwater from your property discharges into a Council managed drain or the street kerb and channel. To find this location, you must apply for a report to be generated. We cannot provide this information verbally.

You can find general information about infrastructure under your property on the Dial Before You Dig webpage. This is a free service.

You may need a legal point of discharge report when applying for a building permit.


You must pay an application fee of $155.30 with your application.

How to apply

To obtain a legal point of discharge from us, complete the Stormwater Legal Point of Discharge Application form.

You can submit this form and payment:

What happens next

  • We will provide standard legal points of discharge information within 10 working days.
  • If you have not received your report after 10 working days, please contact us.

Please note

  • The legal point of discharge report will show the point where stormwater from a property must be discharged and details (size, depth and offset) of the Council drains within the property boundary (where information is available).
  • An additional application must be submitted for details of Council drains located on an adjacent property or in the road reserve (fees are payable for each application).
  • The report will not show details of downpipes and associated internal stormwater drainage on the property. You should contact a plumber to find this information.
  • The Council drain details are a guide only and Council records may not show as-constructed conditions. The applicant must verify all information on site and make sure the Council drain is not damaged by the proposed development or works.

Have you found the information you were looking for?