Coronavirus update: Stage 4 restrictions are currently in place, however kindergarten remains OPEN. For more information, please view the latest updates on the coronavirus information page.
Why kindergarten is important
Kindergarten is an important time in your child's life where they experience growth and development. It is the perfect time for exploration, investigation, and an opportunity to learn life skills through trial and error.
It is not compulsory, but it is highly recommended your child attends kindergarten before going to school.
Research suggests kindergarten helps to:
- improve health and wellbeing
- develop strong social skills
- encourage a love of learning.
Preparing for kindergarten
Preparing for kindergarten is an exciting time for families and children.
Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, we are providing families with an online experience of what Casey's kindergartens offer.
How to choose a kindergarten
- Choose the best kindergarten for your family
- Find a City of Casey Kindergarten near you
- Starting Blocks – Early education and care services and their quality rating
Kindergarten information videos
Introduction and virtual tour
- Find Casey kindergartens and view photos of the facilities
- Video virtual tour of Casey's kindergarten facilities
Enrolling in kindergarten
Enrolling your child in kindergarten is the first step in their journey. Watch the video below to learn more about registering your child into one of our kindergartens.
- Register for 4-year-old kindergarten in the City of Casey
- The kindergarten placement offer process
- Translated information:
A day in the life of a kindergarten child
Preparing your child for kindergarten can be an adventure in itself.
All educators in our kindergartens have an early childhood qualification.
Learning through play
Educators used play-based learning as the foundation of the educational curriculum.
Educational planning cycle
Educational programs are designed to enhance each child’s learning and development.
School Readiness Funding (SRF)
Each kindergarten in the City of Casey receives SRF.
Preschool Field Officer Program
All children of all abilities are welcome in the City of Casey kindergartens.
- Preschool Field Officer Program
- Kindergarten Inclusion Support (KIS) program
- Early Start Kindergarten
- Second year of kindergarten
- Translated information:
Child safe standards
The City of Casey is a child-safe organisation.
Families and children
How families can be involved and a message from our kindergarten children.
- Kindergarten for culturally and linguistically diverse children
- Kindergarten for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children