Why kindergarten is important
Kindergarten is an important time in your child's life where they experience growth and development. It is the perfect time for exploration, investigation, and an opportunity to learn life skills through trial and error.
It is not compulsory, but it is highly recommended your child attends kindergarten before going to school.
Research suggests kindergarten helps to:
improve health and wellbeing
develop strong social skills
encourage a love of learning.
Two years of kindergarten (3 and 4 year old)
The Victorian Government is rolling out funded 3-year-kindergarten in the City of Casey in 2022.
We will be expanding our Council-managed kindergarten services to offer two years of kindergarten (3-year-old and 4-year-old kindergarten).
Council will begin offering the minimum required five hours of 3-year-old kindergarten per week for each eligible child in a number of our existing facilities from 2022.
Kindergarten centres will be selected based on demand for the service and the viability of the program at each individual centre. At this stage, we anticipate all three-year-old programs will be five-hour sessions.
Preparing for kindergarten
Preparing for kindergarten is an exciting time for families and children.
We are providing families with an online experience of what Council-managed kindergartens offer.
How to choose a kindergarten
- Choose the best kindergarten for your family
- Find a Council-managed kindergarten near you
- Starting Blocks – Early education and care services and their quality rating
Kindergarten information videos
Introduction and virtual tour
- Find Casey kindergartens and view photos of the facilities
- Video virtual tour of Casey's kindergarten facilities
Registering for kindergarten
Registering your child in kindergarten is the first step in their journey.
- Register for 4-year-old kindergarten in the City of Casey
- The kindergarten placement offer process
- Translated information:
A day in the life of a kindergarten child
Preparing your child for kindergarten can be an adventure in itself.
All educators in our kindergartens have an early childhood qualification.
Learning through play
Educators used play-based learning as the foundation of the educational curriculum.
Educational planning cycle
Educational programs are designed to enhance each child’s learning and development.
School Readiness Funding (SRF)
Each kindergarten in the City of Casey receives SRF.
Preschool Field Officer Program
All children of all abilities are welcome in the City of Casey kindergartens.
- Preschool Field Officer Program
- Kindergarten Inclusion Support (KIS) program
- Early Start Kindergarten
- Second year of 4-year-old kindergarten
- Translated information:
Child safe standards
The City of Casey is a child-safe organisation.
Families and children
How families can be involved and a message from our kindergarten children.
- Kindergarten for culturally and linguistically diverse children
- Kindergarten for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children