City of Casey Family Day Care is an affordable and flexible child care service. Child care is provided in the homes of qualified educators for children from birth to 13 years. Educators are resourced and supported by our local coordination unit, which was established in 1981.
Our Educators offer an educational program of play based learning that meets the individual learning and developmental needs of children. The educational program is based on the National Early Years Learning Frameworks.
Care is provided to small groups of children with a ratio of 1 educator to 4 preschool age children with the option of an additional 3 school age children. Small groups of children allow the development of strong relationships with Educators, their family members and other children in care. Many families continue care with the same educator from babies and through their school years
Family Day Care provides the opportunity for siblings to be in care together which allows the convenience of a single drop off point. Educators may be available to transport children to and from kindergarten and school alongside your care requirements.
Our service supports educators to engage with the local community by offering facilitated playgroups. Educators also have the opportunity get out in the community to attend library story time, visiting parks and children's events.
Support and mentoring
Our local Co-ordination unit staff supervise, support and resource educators through regular home visits and contact. The staff are also available for families who wish to discuss their care requirements.
Educators collect fees directly from the family on a weekly basis.
Families may be eligible to access government Child Care Subsidy (CCS) to assist with the cost of childcare.
Find a full breakdown fo family day care fees.
Quality of our service
At Council, we monitor and manage the City of Casey Family Day Care service. Our service has been assessed and rated as 'exceeding', by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
Our educators follow the National Quality Framework and implement a program to support the development of all children.
City of Casey FDC Educators are:
- Contractors with the City of Casey
- Trained thoroughly in childcare and take part in on-going professional development
- Regularly monitored and supported by qualified staff at the City of Casey
- Committed to providing a safe, stimulating and flexible environment for your children
- Professionals who have a caring attitude and understand the needs of children and their families
FDC Educators are required to:
- have homes that meet the safety requirements for children
- have annual safety, roadworthy and restraint checks on vehicles they use
- hold a current Police Check and First Aid Certificate
- have taken part in Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- hold a Working With Children Check for all members of the household over 17 years of age
- be covered by Public Liability Insurance
Find out more
For more information, please contact us.