There are many options and factors for parents to consider when choosing childcare for their little ones.
The City of Casey Family Day Care (FDC) service is a professional, nurturing and high-quality care option for your family. It’s affordable and flexible. FDC is provided in the homes of qualified educators across Casey for children from birth to 13 years.
FDC is bound by the same standards, compliance and safety requirements as any childcare provider. It offers its own unique benefits for families including:
- A natural, low-stress home learning environment.
- A small group setting with a maximum of four preschool-aged children in care at one time.
- Flexible hours and the possibility of after-hours, weekend and overnight childcare with some educators.
- Lower minimum sessions/booking requirements than most childcare providers.
Small group setting
Care is provided to small groups of children with a ratio of one educator to four preschool-aged children. There is also an option of an extra three school-aged children. Small groups allow children to develop strong relationships with educators and other children in care.
FDC also provides the opportunity for siblings to be in care together. It’s a convenient option for parents as there is only one drop off point. Some educators can also transport children to and from kindergarten and school, according to care needs.
Support and mentoring
Council’s local coordination unit resources and supports educators. Council’s FDC support officers do spontaneous visits to educators each month. They also provide educators with resources, regular training and professional development. This ensures high-quality care and education are given to all families in the service.
Council also provides families and educators with a range of opportunities with local playgroups of all ages. These include library excursions and kindergarten transition activities.
Commitment to quality
Council tracks and manages the FDC service. Our service has been assessed and rated as 'meeting' by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
Our educators follow the National Quality Framework. They have implemented a program to support the development of all children.
FDC Educators are:
- contractors with the City of Casey
- fully trained in early childhood and take part in on-going professional development
- regularly monitored and supported by qualified staff at the City of Casey
- committed to providing a safe, stimulating and flexible environment for your children
- professionals with a caring attitude that understand the needs of children and their families
FDC educators are required to:
- have homes that meet the safety requirements for children
- have annual safety, roadworthy and restraint checks on vehicles they use
- hold a current Police Check and First Aid certificate
- complete asthma and anaphylaxis training
- hold a Working With Children Check (WWCC) for themselves and all members of the household over 17 years of age
- be covered by Public Liability insurance
Find out more
For more information, please contact us.
You can also find more information for babies and children at Casey's Baby Steps website.